Monday, September 19, 2011

The Complete Metropolis

While the Metropolis was far better than any other silent film that I have watched, I did have to watch it in parts because I was having trouble staying awake. I found it really fascinating how much acting has changed since the time of silent films. I suppose when there are not many words to express what is happening or what the characters are feeling then more exaggerated acting might be necessary.

I found the theme to be some what similar to The Hunger Games. There was a huge separation between the upper and lower classes, and although it did not happen in the hunger games I have a feeling that in the later  books revolution takes place much like it did in Metropolis. In both stories there was also the different ideologies in the different classes where the upper class seems solely concerned with luxury while the lower class is concerned with surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment